Blogging about your ecommerce store is a great way to showcase your company’s personality and tell your customers who you are and what you are about. According to a 2011 hubspot.com study, 65% of online businesses have blogs, and 60% of these blog users have experienced an increase in customers. Below are 5 reasons why your company should create a blog!
- Blogs are easy to use. They require little to no IT and technical skills in order to contribute content. Most blogging platforms have design themes that you can choose from or you can have your blog custom designed to match your ecommerce store.
- Blogs help with SEO. The creation of a new blog post means another page is added to your website. Include keywords that are relevant to your business in your post but remember that you are righting for your audience and not just search engines.
- Blogs establish authority. You can use them to provide information on new products and services, announce promotions, offer tips and advice, and share links to interesting industry news, You can also use a blog to answer questions that customers might have and create content that can draw in new customers.
- Blogs can be your hub for your social media content. Many blogging platforms allow you to link up all of your social media posts to your blog. You can also have the ability to create a social media toolbar so that readers can share your blog on other platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Blogs have long term effects. Although you may get the largest number of views and interaction on your blog right after you post it, remember that a blog is another page on your website. With an efficient use of SEO, your blog posts can continue to show up on top search engines in the years to come which will help draw in even more customers!
Blogs do require ongoing effort, however most businesses feel it’s worth the time. In a survey conducted by Hubspot 85% of businesses “feel that their company blogs are useful, important, and/or critical”. Blogs are a great marketing tool to propel your business forward when you want to acquire more customers now and in the future. In today’s marketplace, your ecommerce site is the minority without a blog, so start looking into blogging today!
About Speartek: Founded in 1999, Speartek provides unparalleled design, e-commerce development, and hosting solutions to companies of all sizes. Speartek’s versatile applications empower businesses to update content, manage online stores, and create email-marketing campaigns with ease. The Speartek team includes application development experts, web design specialists, experienced project managers, and U.S. based customer support professionals. For more information on Speartek, please visit www.speartek.com.